Review Detail

9.1 19 10
FanFix August 15, 2012 2742
Enjoyment

January 27, 2010 @ 4:22 am

I haven’t watched “True Lies” in years. I saw it in the theater when it first came out, then caught it on cable probably 5 or 6 years ago. It was always a 4.5 to 5 out of 10 movie for me. I could see the potential of this movie, but just couldn’t get past the “Ugh” and “groan” moments. I liked elbarto1′s edit of this movie.

Like boon23, I found that I was actually enjoying myself – mostly the first 60 to 75 minutes of the edit, the second half falls flat. I don’t attribute this to the edit, but to the source material itself. Once Harry and Helen are captured, the movie begins to lag, drastically. I found my attention waning at this point.

I definitely liked the new “bathroom scene” – much more dynamic and fast-paced. One part that i was hoping to NOT see was in the beginning. I was hoping that elbarto1 would have gotten rid of the part where Arnie smashes the two dogs together and says “Stay.” I hated it the first time I saw it and I hated it even more now.

I’d give the video quality a 7/10. The stuttered parts weren’t bad, not really distracting. Perfect 10 in every other edit. If you remotely liked original of this movie, then I would strongly suggest giving this FE a try.

Elbarto1 has done a magnificent edit and is well worth the nearly 8GB download (I have a Rapidshare Premium account via a FIOS connection, so the D/L only took about 20 mins for me).
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments