tronperf_front
FanFix March 04, 2021 8087
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Tron: Legacy was one of those movies that I was immensely hyped for. Disney updating an old obscure property with modern visuals and having the soundtrack done by none other than the iconic Daft Punk. I was so Damned hyped for this movie back in 2010. Alas, after seeing this movie opening night, I was utterly disappointed in the results. Everything from the hilariously awkward CGI Young Jeff Bridges; to the cheese line ridden, dull as a door knob lead actor; and the 3rd act that comes to a grinding halt. Tron: Legacy was a complete misfire of an opportunity. I only saw this once in theaters and then never again. However, that Daft Punk soundtrack is still fire and the only good thing from the film apart from the visuals. All these critiques are nothing new, just lamenting here haha

More than a decade later, Redlettermedia (a movie reviewing/discussion based Youtube Channel for those that may be unfamiliar) did a Re:View of both Trons and talked more in depth on these items. Watching that piqued my interest once again of this movie that soured me so long ago. Looking past it's many flaws, there is almost a gritty rough (very rough) gem in there. The director of this movie had a vision which can be appreciated and the soundtrack is still some of the best from Daft Punk. However, those massive flaws still hinder this movie from being a rough gem.

That is where Tron: Perfection comes in. It streamlines the movie to give it a better flow, eliminates most the dumb cheesy one liners from the wet blanket of a protagonist, and saves the young Jeff Bridges for Clu and only Clu. It does this in an excellent execution. The 3rd act is still somewhat of a bog, but that is more on the movie itself and not the editor.

This edit is a treat and I highly recommend it!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
H
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments