tronperf_front
FanFix March 04, 2021 8179
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Absolute masterpiece of an edit! The quality of the changes really transformed a mediocre movie that disappointed me 11 years ago into an actual good narrative of Kevin Flynn coming to terms with himself and his own failures. This tone change shifts the entire "Tron: Legacy" film from being a cash grab attempt into a solid sequel — which brings the message of the original movie full circle and ends on the logical conclusion of acceptance of mistakes and growth past them.

I have been a massive Daft Punk fan from when their Homework album was out in 1997; and I loved the original "Tron" movie. In fact, I don't think I'd have the career I have without films like it interesting me in computer science. Over a decade ago, when I heard the announcements that a new Tron movie was coming out and Daft Punk was doing the film score, I just lost my mind and couldn't wait to see it. After watching the original theatrical cut in theaters though... I didn't know how to feel afterwards. The music was great, but everything else just felt so "off" and just disjointed and sloppy. It was like the movie didn't really know what it wanted to be. This edit really changes all of that. I sincerely wish that this edit was what the original release was more like.

I highly recommend that everybody watch this edit!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
M
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments