Review Detail

9.3 44 10
FanFix June 27, 2011 19369
(Updated: September 01, 2012)
Enjoyment

This edit makes Attack of the Clones as watchable as possible. The obvious shortcomings (C-3P0 battle droid sequence, the diner, etc) have been completely removed without any hard cuts or other noticeable artifacts. That’s a no-brainer for any edit of AOTC.

Where this edit really makes its mark is how it drastically improves the character development and relationships. With A Republic Divided we have an Anikan and Obi Wan who really are good friends, a love story that isn’t forced, and a title character that we actually like (which makes us care when he starts drifting towards the dark side).

That the character dynamics could be so greatly altered through careful editing shows great skill on L8Wrter’s part, and could be used in a film class to help illustrate technique. Maybe George Lucas would attend!

All the useless scenes are either removed or greatly reduced, so much so that there is relatively little left in the movie that doesn’t matter. That nearly 50 minutes can be cut from this film says quite a bit about the quality of the original. That the shorter edit is a far better Star Wars movie says even more.

I can’t think of any areas where I would recommend any changes or additional cuts. L8Wrter accomplished exactly what he intended with this edit, and it came out fantastically. Congratulations on a job very well done. I look forward to your Episode III when it comes out. Any shortcomings are the fault of the material available, and not the editor. Therefore I gave this a 10/10. I for one will consider this my go-to copy.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments