Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Enjoyment

December 21, 2010 @ 1:07 pm

Tranzor's The Thing

Review by Captain Khajiit

I have often felt nostalgic for television from a bygone era, so I fully understood the faneditor's intention. The concept for the edit was great, and the implementation did it justice. Anyone who watches this edit will be left in no doubt that the faneditor knew what he wanted to achieve and exactly how to achieve it. The attention to detail in this edit was most impressive: from the pan-and-scan image to the noisy black-and-white print, everything was in place. The result was a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Video
All the changes to the video worked well, and the quality is what it should have been given the faneditor's intention. The only point that I might raise is that the lines that were added to the print seemed to be somewhat overused, though it might well be that this was a limitation of the filter and beyond the faneditor's control.
9 out of 10

Audio
The scratchy record track effect was well implemented. Again, I sometimes felt that it was a little overused, but I have no real complaints.
9 out of 10

Presentation
Everything was fine. There is appropriate cover art and a particularly pleasing “live” menu that set the mood for the edit perfectly. I smiled when I saw it because it was so delightfully fitting.
9 out of 10

Editing and Entertainment
The editing was seamless except where it wasn't meant to be! I have rarely seen a fanedit that has successfully transformed a film to this extent. In accordance with the title, I watched this late at night and was fully entertained. I cannot think of anything else that the faneditor could have done. The old commercials were the icing on the cake!
10 out of 10

Overall rating: It's a rare 10 out of 10 from me.

Watch Tranzor's The Thing late at night and you're in for a treat.
C
Top 500 Reviewer 33 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments