Review Detail

9.2 31 10
FanFix August 15, 2012 5433
(Updated: September 02, 2012)
Enjoyment

December 21, 2009 @ 11:22 am

I downloaded the AVI, and was quite impressed with the editing, gives the movie a new flow that is superb.

On the downside, the TF intro music was cheesy and weak, the score is superior and should be kept as much as possible, the inclussion of the new version of “The Touch” was silly. Also, a bit TOO much scenes of the characters were edited, humor is not a bad thing and helps with characterization. Surprisingly, Mikaela’s introduction still worked somwhat well.

And the removal of Frenzy works, but I feel it wasn’t necesary (the other bots gone are fine). Also, I miss the “I AM MEGATRON” line. And some of the exposition I feel should’ve been left in.

The city battle is amazingly well edited, and the cut scenes with the military made the autobots stand out more. The rearrangement of the whole battle is wonderful and the idea of Sam’s just running and satying alive worked wonders for his character. Except for some small decitions (like the way you cut Jazz and Brawl fighting -the flow is jumpy), you made an excellent job on this whole part.

Towards the end, I think the voice-over of Keller recaping the state of things should’ve stayed, but the scene still works. Perhaps not showing Lennox going home was a mistake (I understand that people hate the military and hacker subplots, but the soldiers are around a lot so they can use character development – trim it a bit, not cut it all). And finally, while I’m glad the kiss is gone, and the silent end with the score on the background is beautiful, I think Optimus speech sould’ve stayed, even if it meant keeping Linkin Park (which to be honest I quite enjoy).

Overall, really good edit, with a couple of bad editing decitions towards the begining that are cheesy, some that hurt character development, but a really solid flow on the first and second acts, and a spectacularly strong third act.
M
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments