Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen – The Real Effing Deal
- NTSC DVD-5
- Blu-Ray (BD-25)
- The entire introduction with The Fallen and prehistoric man.
- All of Optimus’ voice over during the Shanghai scene.
- Moved the title sequence to the end of the Shanghai scene.
- Trimmed Sam & Parents at the beginning somewhat (and dogs humping).
- Trimmed Bumblebee in the garage (crying).
- Trimmed the last line from the Nest hanger.
- Trimmed Leo’s roommates some as well as some of Sam’s parents.
- Trimmed Sam/Alice at party and part of the car scene.
- Trimmed Megatron/Starscream on Nemesis and trimmed middle and end of scene.
- Trimmed classroom flirtation bit.
- Trimmed Sam in his room and w/Alice.
- Trimmed talk in the library.
- Cut repeated footage of Soundwave.
- Cut Sam’s parents with the mime.
- Trim news bits after Decepticons arrival.
- Cut Galloway shutting down NEST.
- Trimmed meat shop (no more talk about teeth).
- Cut Simmon’s ass.
- Cut Leo shocking himself.
- Trim Jetfire talking about his family being there for “centuries”.
- Leo/Mikeala land in desert
- Image of Autobots being loaded onto plane and Lennox comments about it being a mistake
- Removal of Lennox and Epps discussing the phone call and location of coordinates
- Removal of Checkpoint scene
- Remove Galloway parachute scene
- Change footage and trim end of Petra scene to remove Simmons viewing troops parachuting from so far away, and to add time lapse.
- Remove Simmons pointing at flare right after Sam does.
- Heavily trim parts of military scenes (mostly parts without robots).
- Remove Galloway in desert scene
- Remove repeat shot from first movie of Drone
- Trim Simmons conversation with Captain of Aircraft Carrier
- Crop shot of Simmons on walkie talkie to remove wrong pyramid from the background
- Remove Devastator’s balls (the flagrant scene anyway).
- Trimmed Sam’s meeting with the Primes (I refuse to call this robot heaven since that’s not what it is). I don’t care a lot for this scene, but I feel it is necessary. I removed the part about Sam’s destiny though, that isn’t necessary.
- Removed a couple of repeated shots during The Fallen’s retrieving of the Matrix.
- Removed the audio for “Give me your face!”
- And I went back and cut out the 6 bogeys coming up from the water for those that feel it’s a continuity error.
- various other small edits
New Edits for this version:
- Removed Twins from Shanghai sequence as well as a few second here.
- Removed Twins upgrading
- Removed some of Twins interaction with Leo after Decepticon’s arrival
- Removed Police Chase sequence and Sam & company hiding
- Trimmed approach to the Pyramids
- Trimmed small bits of Twins during Devastator fight
Changes to version 2.0:
Improved a few transitions
Changed arcee/sideways scene to have better Arcee introduction.
Trimmed a little of kitchen bots
Trimmed most of parents from college scene
Trimmed Wheelie in garage
Cut Wheelie leg hump
July 1, 2011 @ 3:43 pm
This is the version Revenge of the Fallen should have been! The fanediter managed to remove all the useless bits, along with the immature humor of the Twins and Sam’s parents and turn RotF into and enjoyable film. Sure some bits of “humor” stayed, but they were far apart enough so it didn’t make sense drag on, and gave the movie a bit of a lighter tone in spots. Didn’t find any problems with the audio or video with this fanedit either.
9/10 and a job well done!