Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen – The Kitten Calendar Edition
Sometimes this required rearrangement of audio or video, and some fixes required cropping of scenes as well.
- All of Optimus’ voice over during the Shanghai scene.
- Moved the title sequence to the end of the Shanghai scene.
- Trimmed Sam & Parents at the beginning somewhat (and dogs humping).
- Trimmed Bumblebee in the garage (crying).
- Trimmed the last line from the Nest hanger.
- Trimmed Leo’s roommates some as well as some of Sam’s parents.
- Trimmed Sam/Alice at party and part of the car scene.
- Trimmed Megatron/Starscream on Nemesis and trimmed middle and end of scene.
- Trimmed classroom flirtation bit.
- Trimmed Sam in his room and w/Alice.
- Trimmed talk in the library.
- Cut repeated footage of Soundwave.
- Cut Sam’s parents with the mime.
- Trim news bits after Decepticons arrival.
- Cut Galloway shutting down NEST.
- Trimmed meat shop (no more talk about teeth).
- Cut Simmon’s ass.
- Cut Leo shocking himself.
- Trim Jetfire talking about his family being there for “centuries”.
- Leo/Mikeala land in desert
- Image of Autobots being loaded onto plane and Lennox comments about it being a mistake
- Removal of Lennox and Epps discussing the phone call and location of coordinates
- Removal of Checkpoint scene
- Remove Galloway parachute scene
- Change footage and trim end of Petra scene to remove Simmons viewing troops parachuting from so far away, and to add time lapse.
- Remove Simmons pointing at flare right after Sam does.
- Heavily trim parts of military scenes (mostly parts without robots).
- Remove Galloway in desert scene
- Remove repeat shot from first movie of Drone
- Trim Simmons conversation with Captain of Aircraft Carrier
- Crop shot of Simmons on walkie talkie to remove wrong pyramid from the background
- Remove Devastator’s balls (the flagrant scene anyway).
- Trimmed Sam’s meeting with the Primes (I refuse to call this robot heaven since that’s not what it is). I don’t care a lot for this scene, but I feel it is necessary. I removed the part about Sam’s destiny though, that isn’t necessary.
- Removed a couple of repeated shots during The Fallen’s retrieving of the Matrix.
- Removed the audio for “Give me your face!”
- And I went back and cut out the 6 bogeys coming up from the water for those that feel it’s a continuity error.
- various other small edits
June 14, 2011 @ 10:03 am
To start with this review i should mention that I loathe Revenge of the Fallen. While I enjoy Michael Baysplosion movies like Armageddon and Transformers 1, Revenge of the Fallen felt like other people described how they felt while watching Armageddon: nonsense all the way down.
Like many others I couldn’t imagine how TF2 could be worse than TF1 at least i thought i would enjoy the movie as much as the first one, but after the 2.5 hour torture I would have gladly watched “Disaster Movie” again instead of Revenge of the Fallen. During the movie i started mentally collecting notes for future faneditors where to trim but after a while I gave up. I will keep on looking for a Transformers 2 fanedit that might make me watch the movie, enjoying the effects without being constantly annoyed – sadly this edit is not drastic enough to achieve this.
While some fat has been trimmed there is still the huge amount of robots farting explosions and parachutes, Wheelie humping Megan Fox’s leg, annoying one-liners and everything I can’t stand about TF2. Not to mention that every seconds the Offenso-Bot Twins are onscreen it is tough to listen/watch plus the whole story made less sense than transporting a cube into a megacity to bring it to a military helicopter in the first place, so my cudos to everyone who can squeeze some sense in it.
Enjoyment: 1/10 – the experience sadly didn’t change
Technical Aspects 10/10
the cuts are not noticeable etc. the faneditor did a great job on the technical aspects especially when it comes to:
Video Quality: well… watching fanedits in Bluray is pretty amazing and this is the main scoring point of this edit – damn it looks way better than a normal fanedit, the file is HUUUUGE (20 gig) and I’m curious how long it will take for fanedits to go full bluray (but if i remember correctly there was a HD fanedit mashup of Superman and Batman, so technically this is the second HD fanedit :D ) but currently I don’t know if it will be a standard. The fanediting world can sometimes be very unpredictable and the greatest premise might become a movie you won’t watch again. Or you read through the cutlist, thinking how amazing this will be but the final product is interesting, but overall “meh”
but i can see a Bluray Fanedit future for fanedit jewels like “Revisited” (which Adywan already confirmed to be in HD or other fanedits that are great and so popular that the faneditor might go back a second time to give us the same great experience but this time HD (looking at Jorge for Dark Knight Revisited in Bluray ;) )
so this makes an overall 5.5