FanFix October 08, 2022 2190
(Updated: May 04, 2024)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

The first Transformer movie is a film I have a lot of nostalgia for, it takes me back to a simpler time in my life when I didn't have the responsibilities I do now. To a time of playing halo with friends, working a summer job, saving up for the new xbox 360. While I initially didn't like the movie when I saw it in theaters with friends, heck I don't think it ever will be a great movie. I bought a copy a few years back cause seeing the cover alone brought me so many memories its a film I am fond of not for its storytelling or entertainment merits but for taking me back to my youth, kind of like why people love movies like Twister despite it being kind of bad or cheesy.

The film itself hasn't aged all that well though more so than when I was younger to the point I find difficult to fully watch. A lot of gross, dumb, and puerile humor, along with Michael Bay being.....well Michael Bay I am not a teenager anymore my tastes have changed and its for that reason I went searching for a fan edit. I chose this one cause I felt a kindred spirit reading what the editors intentions were.

Now if you hate this movie cause it was nothing like the cartoon or cause its Michael Bay and his style has always been divisive, than this edit won't change your mind this is still 'Michael Bays' Transformers, but now its Transformers with less of Bays worst tendencies as a director. It's is a pretty seamless edit I never once found anything jarring or confusing, quality is great too no audio or picture drops in quality. I really have nothing negative to say here everything is still here just with the pacing now significantly improved as well as my enjoyment its gone from 6 for the original to a 8 for this edit, I would give an 8.5 if I could give half marks.

After watching this I now wonder how much more can be cut from the runtime without everything becoming a mess as I've scrolled by edits that are only 90 minutes. However I don't think I will be needing another edit of Transformers this is that summer blockbuster I saw years ago only now I can watch this without rolling my eyes out of my head every other scene. If you liked the original 2007 Transformers movie but now find it cringe for whatever reason than this is the edit for you coming highly recommended, Well done OlivusPrime its as you titled this project The 'Definitive' cut of Michael Bay's Transformers.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments