toomuch_front
Shorts February 05, 2022 1242
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This here: the ONLY fan-mix in the Animation Consecution (at least, in the sense of merging unrelated material)! We need more of this kind of thing. I love a good fan-mix.

This one is a great concept: merging footage from the drug-themed Fear and Loathing with the trippy elements of animated film Rango, both of which star Johnny Depp. The result is something that I enjoyed, but I can't help feel like more could have been done to marry the material from both films. There are some nice connects, like waking up with the lizard tail - the visual association also worked quite well to then cut away to the sea of rattlesnake tails - but some obvious story elements from Rango are kept that have no context here, and I couldn't see how they related to the other film's material. I feel like the TV sequence could have been better utilised and some of the audio between the two films could have crossed over more.

I picked up on one audio transition and the Rango footage is noticeably different quality and grading than the Fear and Loathing footage. I wonder if some degradation or a film grain filter would have helped on the former.

User Review

Format Watched?
Digital
T
Top 50 Reviewer 103 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments