thunderball-warhead_front.jpg
FanFix July 13, 2014 6007
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I thought this was a good improvement on the original and it moved at a good brisk pace. When I previewed it prior to release, I thought some things felt a little disjointed, but with this viewing, it all seemed to make sense. As I said in my preview notes, the transition point to the spa was very well timed and it appears that Bond was on assignment and not just stumbling into a plot. All audio and video cuts and fades seemed well executed. I didn't detect any problems in that area. Also, the conversion of the daytime scene to nighttime worked for me.

Couple of nitpicks:

As other reviewers pointed out, it no longer makes sense for the bad guys to be bringing the body of the pilot to the spa.

I watched this again on the big screen TV and thought the picture quality wasn't the best. I noticed a lot of blurring when the Mustang is speeding through the countryside and in some other spots.

When Q is handing out some gadgets, he turns away and it is obvious he isn't talking but there is dialog. (Not sure if this is on the original)

Very well executed edit by the ranger.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments