Thor: Ragnarok - Trimmed EditionFeatured
- Thor: Ragnarok Concept Art
- Cliffs of Moher aerial footage
- Bouncing Ball SFX
- Green Screen Electricity
- Dameron Laser Font
- rb for his awesome GotG2 Pruned Edition which spurred this on
- To my other two projects that are giving me a headache and the fulfillment this brings at actually completing a project again
- You for reading all of this ;)
- Video: iTunes HD 1080p (6mps)>TunesKit M4V Converter>Vegas Pro>1080p MP4 (6mpbs)
- Audio: iTunes HD 1080p (6mps)>TunesKit M4V Converter>Audacity (ffmpeg plugin)>5.1 wav files
- Art: Official Posters>Gimp
- Removed awkward pause when Thor mistimes Mjölnir's arrival
- Removed Skurge with the shake weight
- Trimmed Loki death play
- Removed Thor and Loki in New York and all scenes with Doctor Strange
- Added aerial shot of cliffs to establish that Thor and Loki went straight to Norway
- Trimmed Hela's initial assault on Asgard
- Removed Thor's high pitch scream when he is about to meet the Grandmaster
- Removed the Grandmaster banter between Scraper 142/Valkyrie & his assistant and rearranged scene
- Removed the Grandmaster executing his cousin
- Removed awkward pause when the Grandmaster doesn't explain why time is different on Sakaar
- Removed Hela walking through Odin's treasure and her comedic comments
- Removed Korg's paper, rock, scissors joke
- Removed Korg chasing Loki's ghost and kicking the wall
- Removed Korg complaining about the dirty weapons
- Removed Korg's awkward misunderstanding of Thor flying with Mjölnir. Thor now simply says he flys with it, it returns to him, and Korg mentions that it sounds like an intimate loss.
- Removed Thor saying it's about time and thumbs up to Valkyrie about an all woman elite squad
- Removed Thor pleading and yelling to not have his hair cut
- Removed Thor's lines about knowing Hulk from work
- Removed Thor telling Hulk about losing his hammer and Loki being alive
- Removed Loki yelling "Yes! That's what it feels like" and "Sorry, I just love this sport"
- Removed Thor telling Hulk, "you're embarrassing me. I told them we were friends."
- Removed Hela's continuing lines about executioners. She now transitions straight to "it's an honor..." after saying "..execute their vision"
- Cropped and sharpened the image to remove Hulk's cheeks
- Removed Hulk's medicine ball bouncing back and hitting Thor in the face; Added What Heroes Do from the soundtrack to remove the audio dropout
- Removed the "access denied" forced gags
- Removed Banner grabbing his crotch and complaining about Stark's pants being too tight
- Removed all references of "the devil's anus"
- Removed Thor talking about the time Loki stabbed him after being a snake when he was eight
- Removed Korg talking to Miek about eggs
- Removed Korg's awkward lines after he first ask "who's asking" to Valkyrie
- Removed the Grandmaster's lines about being insecure about the word slave
- Cut the "get help" scenario/scene
- Removed Valkyrie telling Thor & Banner the ship was used for orgies and their responses
- Removed Banner announcing they are approaching the devil's anus
- Removed Banner talking about Asgard when they arrive
- Removed Skurge's line about bad things after he announces there will be consequences; used soundtrack to rebuild surround track
- Removed Banner impacting on the rainbow road as it would have killed him (though everyone should have died based on their injuries in this movie...)
- Rearranged scenes of Hulk fighting Surtur and Thor's response
- Rearranged Surtur destroying Asgard to removed Korg's lines about preserving Asgard if the foundation holds and his lines after it blows up
- Removed Thor's lines about not knowing where they should head. Now he looks at Heimdall and back towards the camera and simply says earth.
I'm sure the other reviewers on this section of the IFDB page for this will disagree with me, but I personally felt the jokes in Thor: Ragnarok never took away from the story, characters, and emotional beats as they are, frequent and in-your-face as they are. Still, I must admit I got a heavy amount of enjoyment out of this particular fanedit, which aims to present it in a way that's tonally consistent with the earlier two Thor films. The audio/visual quality is phenomenal throughout and the editing is absolutely superb, with no cuts being in any way distracting or overly obvious. Very, very good stuff.
This is the defenitive cut in my eyes, because it takes the stale jokes to make the movie a little more serious. The better jokes are still there and you're able to appreciate them more. MCU has a bad habit of doing this, probably to appeal to a younger generation, so having this cut really gives the more a lot more replay-ability. Overall, great job!
so much better and great work, :)
This was a really great edit.
As other reviewers have noted, this edit has stripped a lot of the misplaced humor that was in the original. The humor is still there, but it shines through really well.
I do disagree with one edit, though, the one Digi made in the scene where Thor was stabbed by Loki at 8 years old.
It was my favorite joke, and was sad to see it go.
One audio edit stuck out to me, though. The scene where Thor throws the ball and breaks the glass, the breaking glass sound effect didn’t sound natural to me in that scene, maybe it was a little muted, but other than that any other audio edits that were done went completely unnoticed by me.
All in all, this is a great edit by Digi. Looking forward to any future edits he makes.
I really enjoyed this trimmed down version and the editing was excellent. The original suffered from sophomoric humor and, at times, brought me out of the typical Marvel movie. That being said I did enjoy the original but hoped for something better. This fan-edit is what I was seeking. It is still funny mind you. There is no helping that. The actor playing Thor has really honed his skills in the humor department but as I watched this with my son he struggled with the cuts. So now I believe this is generational. What I thought was inane was downright hilarious to a teen.
The choices the faneditor made were excellent and his editing skills were flawless(Devils Anus- really?). So my son will not allow me to replace this as our go-to but the Trimmed Edition deserves to be MY go-to. So everyone who enjoyed the original should give this a chance, it is still funny and it still will make you feel like a kid again.