Thor: Ragnarok - Trimmed EditionFeatured
- Thor: Ragnarok Concept Art
- Cliffs of Moher aerial footage
- Bouncing Ball SFX
- Green Screen Electricity
- Dameron Laser Font
- rb for his awesome GotG2 Pruned Edition which spurred this on
- To my other two projects that are giving me a headache and the fulfillment this brings at actually completing a project again
- You for reading all of this ;)
- Video: iTunes HD 1080p (6mps)>TunesKit M4V Converter>Vegas Pro>1080p MP4 (6mpbs)
- Audio: iTunes HD 1080p (6mps)>TunesKit M4V Converter>Audacity (ffmpeg plugin)>5.1 wav files
- Art: Official Posters>Gimp
- Removed awkward pause when Thor mistimes Mjölnir's arrival
- Removed Skurge with the shake weight
- Trimmed Loki death play
- Removed Thor and Loki in New York and all scenes with Doctor Strange
- Added aerial shot of cliffs to establish that Thor and Loki went straight to Norway
- Trimmed Hela's initial assault on Asgard
- Removed Thor's high pitch scream when he is about to meet the Grandmaster
- Removed the Grandmaster banter between Scraper 142/Valkyrie & his assistant and rearranged scene
- Removed the Grandmaster executing his cousin
- Removed awkward pause when the Grandmaster doesn't explain why time is different on Sakaar
- Removed Hela walking through Odin's treasure and her comedic comments
- Removed Korg's paper, rock, scissors joke
- Removed Korg chasing Loki's ghost and kicking the wall
- Removed Korg complaining about the dirty weapons
- Removed Korg's awkward misunderstanding of Thor flying with Mjölnir. Thor now simply says he flys with it, it returns to him, and Korg mentions that it sounds like an intimate loss.
- Removed Thor saying it's about time and thumbs up to Valkyrie about an all woman elite squad
- Removed Thor pleading and yelling to not have his hair cut
- Removed Thor's lines about knowing Hulk from work
- Removed Thor telling Hulk about losing his hammer and Loki being alive
- Removed Loki yelling "Yes! That's what it feels like" and "Sorry, I just love this sport"
- Removed Thor telling Hulk, "you're embarrassing me. I told them we were friends."
- Removed Hela's continuing lines about executioners. She now transitions straight to "it's an honor..." after saying "..execute their vision"
- Cropped and sharpened the image to remove Hulk's cheeks
- Removed Hulk's medicine ball bouncing back and hitting Thor in the face; Added What Heroes Do from the soundtrack to remove the audio dropout
- Removed the "access denied" forced gags
- Removed Banner grabbing his crotch and complaining about Stark's pants being too tight
- Removed all references of "the devil's anus"
- Removed Thor talking about the time Loki stabbed him after being a snake when he was eight
- Removed Korg talking to Miek about eggs
- Removed Korg's awkward lines after he first ask "who's asking" to Valkyrie
- Removed the Grandmaster's lines about being insecure about the word slave
- Cut the "get help" scenario/scene
- Removed Valkyrie telling Thor & Banner the ship was used for orgies and their responses
- Removed Banner announcing they are approaching the devil's anus
- Removed Banner talking about Asgard when they arrive
- Removed Skurge's line about bad things after he announces there will be consequences; used soundtrack to rebuild surround track
- Removed Banner impacting on the rainbow road as it would have killed him (though everyone should have died based on their injuries in this movie...)
- Rearranged scenes of Hulk fighting Surtur and Thor's response
- Rearranged Surtur destroying Asgard to removed Korg's lines about preserving Asgard if the foundation holds and his lines after it blows up
- Removed Thor's lines about not knowing where they should head. Now he looks at Heimdall and back towards the camera and simply says earth.
so much better and great work, :)
This was a really great edit.
As other reviewers have noted, this edit has stripped a lot of the misplaced humor that was in the original. The humor is still there, but it shines through really well.
I do disagree with one edit, though, the one Digi made in the scene where Thor was stabbed by Loki at 8 years old.
It was my favorite joke, and was sad to see it go.
One audio edit stuck out to me, though. The scene where Thor throws the ball and breaks the glass, the breaking glass sound effect didn’t sound natural to me in that scene, maybe it was a little muted, but other than that any other audio edits that were done went completely unnoticed by me.
All in all, this is a great edit by Digi. Looking forward to any future edits he makes.
I really enjoyed this trimmed down version and the editing was excellent. The original suffered from sophomoric humor and, at times, brought me out of the typical Marvel movie. That being said I did enjoy the original but hoped for something better. This fan-edit is what I was seeking. It is still funny mind you. There is no helping that. The actor playing Thor has really honed his skills in the humor department but as I watched this with my son he struggled with the cuts. So now I believe this is generational. What I thought was inane was downright hilarious to a teen.
The choices the faneditor made were excellent and his editing skills were flawless(Devils Anus- really?). So my son will not allow me to replace this as our go-to but the Trimmed Edition deserves to be MY go-to. So everyone who enjoyed the original should give this a chance, it is still funny and it still will make you feel like a kid again.
when thor ragnorak was first released at theatres everyone agreed the movie was good but there was too much forced humor which at times pulled you away from the glorious visuals and often emotional scenes. DigModiFicaTion has stripped away the excess humor and tightened up the narrative making the movie flow a lot smoother.the movie has gone from being good to excellent.this is the version that should have been released in theatres.
A fantastic edit ,a definite must watch
I thoroughly enjoyed this when I watched it in the cinema but found myself frustrated by the excess humour, which at times was positioned inappropriately and undercut scenes that were intended to be serious and/or emotional. This edit eliminates that problem by 'pruning' away the OTT humour and letting certain scenes have the impact that was intended. Cringeworthy moments (Thor spinning on the chain, many of the jokes in the Sanctum, the 'fake' infinity gauntlet etc) are removed seamlessly. DigMod will undoubtedly undertake more complex and ambitious edits, but despite its simplicity I couldn't honestly give this anything other than full marks on both a technical and enjoyment level.