9.6 39 10
FanFix August 26, 2020 7760
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I really enjoyed the change in perspective this fanedit brought. I felt that this restructuring helped add more tension as the mystery surrounding Thor's backstory builds. Because they have been moved to the beginning of the movie, the scenes in New Mexico establishing Jane Foster and her team now feel less like a road block before the inevitable 3rd act showdown between brothers. I thought the deleted scenes were well integrated and being unfamiliar with them I doubt I could tell which did not make the theatrical release.

The only thing I did not enjoy was some fragmented story threads as the flashback segment caught up with final act. I understand the goal of the edit was to not introduce many fantastical elements before Jane witnessed the other Asgardians showing up in New Mexico, but because there is was not much material available for the editor to work with in the time between the Asgardian warriors reunion and the fight with the Destroyer it caused a bit of odd pacing. This may come down to personal preference, but I can't help but wonder if introducing the backstory segment after Thor and Jane's stargazing scene instead would help the day of the Destroyer fight flow more naturally, while retaining most of the benefits of Malthus' innovative timeline.

Overall great work!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
R
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments