9.6 39 10
FanFix August 26, 2020 7779
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This was just a really fun experience! I loved how the separation of the two halves played out and going from the jokey tone of Earth to the more serious nature of Asgard felt like a much more natural change than in the original film (although I love that film too)! This kind of solved some of the tonal problems of the original. The experience of Loki is obviously impacted by the change of the structure and the experience of character growth for Thor changes too and I think it kind of works for Thor although since we see Loki already before his introduction in Asgard and we shift to the Asgard portion after finding out Loki lied about Odin, his introduction with his first image being him literally a shadow wearing horns has a different energy, I don't think it's worse necessarily but it's definitely a different feel. Honestly, the restructuring helps the movie feel quite different and the editor definitely achieved their intention of making it more ambiguous whether Thor is crazy. This was just a super fun watch! If you liked the original movie, you'll really like this too!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments