9.6 39 10
FanFix August 26, 2020 7781
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I liked the first Thor movie, but haven't watched it in a while. When this movie first came out, I thought it was brilliant - in the aspect of doing a fantasy god superhero movie. And Anthony Hopkins makes everything more dignified. But upon rewatch of the original, I gave it a lot of passes. So, the idea behind this edit seemed interesting.

This movie does help out a lot with this. The seamless editing to bring in the deleted scenes help flesh out a lot that was missing in the original. The editing quality was excellent and I never noticed any audio or visual errors. Top quality considering there was rescoring as well, which was seamless.

The rest is just a matter of personal interpretation. For me, the mystery man angle didn't work as well as I hoped. Maybe its because I know Thor too well now, but the interactions between Thor and humans seems a bit odd and hard to relate too. The original movie shows so much Asgard first, that weird humans don't seem as obvious, especially when we know who they are talking to. But now that it starts as a human movie first, their actions and reactions around a regular guy seem too eccentric. The back and forth scene changes between earth and Asgard help in the original. But that may just be me overanalyzing. The changes to create mystery create other effects too, like Heimdell coming off as more robotic and less stoic, Thor learning that his father is dead has less emotional weight, Loki doesn't seem AS inherently sneaky and Thor doesn't seem AS spoiled at the beginning of his arc.

This a great way edit again that expands ways to tell the story, and I while it might not be my go-to version, it is a refreshingly fun watch.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments