thingfrom1951_front
FanMix March 05, 2023 2366
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Probably one of the best fan edit's I've seen in a long while. When I was younger I used to watch "De-Make" trailers on youtube (essentially a concept trailer for a modern film as if it came out in the 1930's-50's), and its really awesome to see this concept fully realized. The re-scoring and audio work is a highlight, really capturing an authentic 1950's feel without being distracting. I'm someone that is generally against censorship, but in this case it fits the entire concept of the movie, so the omit-ion of some swearing and a few moments of gore feels very authentic. Another highlight is the amount of effort put into cropping the movie to academy ratio. for the most part it feels as if it were always shot that way. The use of alternative shots or even in some cases, compositing shots to fit in the 4:3 frame was artfully done. My one real critique would be the couple shots where an older television was composited in to cover up the 80's tv. As much as I love the idea, I don't think it works since none of the other tech is covered up that way and the compositing was the only moment that took me out of the edit. Other than that, this is a keeper for sure!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply March 26, 2023

Thank you very much for taking the time to review. I agree that some of the TV scene is probably one of my weaker edits here. So glad you enjoyed the edit as a whole though :)

Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments