Review Detail

9.4 83 10
FanMix July 04, 2012 19378
(Updated: August 31, 2012)
Enjoyment

March 5, 2011 @ 12:23 am

I like this, I like it a lot.

It works on so many levels for me:

1. I like to see fan-edits that take a movie and do something really different from the original format of the movie, it’s creative and done well like it is here makes a fun alternative way to view the movie.

2. In this case it was also a way of inserting some of the unused footage that was originally cut from the movie or never used – so retro’ising the existing footage was a good way of not having the inserted footage stand out too much.

3. when filmstudios are trying as hard as they can to present flawless picture quality its refreshing to see a good movie emulating an older less polished look – but from an artistic perspective.

Using other dialogue from Jame Earl Jones was also unexpected! I laughed out loud the first time i heard the changes and still do everytime a watch it – but also Darth Vader is supposed to be evil right? so in this version he is deffinately more pyscho! (sorry, my bad this is a kind of spoiler i guess??)

Also look out for Obi-Wans off the cuff remark when him and Luke are overlooking Mos Eisley lol

ok running out of what to say, except:

overall 10/10!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments