FanFix September 02, 2012 4266
(Updated: March 07, 2013)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I highly enjoyed this. I'm a huge fan of The Usual Suspects and I love rewatching it. The fact that the majority of the movie is a lie amazes me to no end. I enjoy picking every scene apart as to what may have really happened.

So this edit will never truly replace the theatrical cut for me, but it was a great way to rewatch it. The chronological structure works fairly well, although it did feel like the story was dragging once we got into the interrogation. Nonetheless, it's still a great experience. I enjoyed the ambiguous ending as it lends itself to benefiting from repeat viewings and feels complete.

As for technical aspects, this is an xvid avi, so expect standard to above-standard picture quality. All the editing was excellent.

If you love The Usual Suspects I'm sure you'll dig this. If you really liked The Usual Suspects the first time you saw it but never felt like rewatching it, you'll be enthralled almost all the same as you were the first time you watched it. If you think the original ending to The Usual Suspects are the most perfect frames ever put to celluloid skip this one as you won't appreciate it one bit.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments