(Updated: November 10, 2021)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

September 27, 2021

I've only ever seen T84 once, about a year ago. I've seen T11 a couple times prior to this.
I personally found T84 harder for me to enjoy because I saw T11 first, and I usually have a hard time appreciating older special effects, and honestly just older movies in general. That being said, this edit was a great watch. I watched an edit that spliced Chapters 1 and 2 of "It" together pretty recently and this edit has a similar approach, and it worked out wonderfully!

The old effects are there for the people who appreciate them, and the CGI is there for the people who appreciate it, with the worst-looking examples being removed! I personally didn't notice what all was cut from either film, aside from the final chapter of T11 being cut. The shot of Joel Edgerton getting into the truck was very obviously overlaid with some filters to make it appear more like night time + on fire. I liked that you cut out the entire spaceship thing, allowing for the movies to end together, and so if you fixed the weird color effect on that shot, you'd have a 10/10 from me!

Side note: I watched this on my phone, at work, with one earbud in, so if there were any poor audio transitions, I didn't notice! Lol.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
S
Top 500 Reviewer 27 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments