9.4 15 10
FanFix April 27, 2013 4559
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

The Shadow was one of those films I'd watched when i was younger and sort liked it, but I didn't love it, it was very safe or 'vanilla', or maybe I just had low expectations of films (like the 1990 captain america movie.)

Bob's edit takes us back to the core of the film and what it should have been originally, a fun, faithful homage to the classic 1930's strip. I really can't praise his decision enough to change the visual back to black and white. It's a subtle difference and one that works so well. The film is full of subtle differences, which is what makes a good fanedit, I didn't at any given point notice a suddent abrutpt cut, obviously my brain put the peices together later saying "oh you missed the knife scene, or this or that."

Only think I might've changed was the shadows little confident speech in the water tower, and just have Tim Curry figure out where he is from the clue in the water. It made the shadow undermine his opponents intelligence and it cost him. That's just a minor nitpick.

Maybe Bionicbob will salvage somemthing good out of The Spirit next... eh who am I kidding!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
DVD
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments