TV-to-Movie July 18, 2014 7453
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

SHINY!!!!

A wonderful, magical and emotional fan edit that will bring joy to long time Browncoats and entertain those who are unfamiliar with Joss Whedon's space western.

This edit is pretty darn close to perfect in my book. Technically, it is flawless both in terms of cutting and audio work. I say close but not perfect only because Ed had to use some lower video quality deleted scenes and also had to zoom-in/crop out the opening credits. Otherwise, I could find no fault to this edit.

In regards to the deleted scenes, yes they are of obvious lower video quality, but they are so character driven and well acted, that as a viewer I did not find them a distraction in the slightest. Further, Ed has added some incredibly emotional, heart-tugging new music to these scenes, so they pack a powerful punch. Well done Ed!!!

The new opening act and the introduction of the crew from the episode Out of Gas, is brilliantly weaved into the fabric of the story. It moves smoothly and organically. Again, some amazing editing done in this sequence.

Commercial breaks are perfectly eliminated. And the new closing, again with added music, is pitch perfect, leaving viewers both satisfied and wanting more.

Ed has created new closing titles, and as one who has done credits on few edits now, I can attest how mundane and challenging it can be, so great work there too.

And the post-credits trailer -- goosebumps!!!! Part two can not come fast enough!!!

I really enjoyed the dvd menu design. Again -- the MUSIC! So haunting and beautiful.

This edit has magnificently captured the wonder and spirit of the Firefly Universe and is Must-See viewing imo.

Thank You Ed for such a wonderfully executed and entertaining fan edit. BRAVO!

THUMBS WAY, WAY, WAY UP!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
DVD
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments