8.5 10 10
FanMix April 14, 2015 8547
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

While it wasn't horrible, it just wasn't the greatest. This fan edit takes roughly 80% of the first film splicing it with around 20% of the 2nd film to make one complete film. Most of it was enjoyable, but randomly you would hear Normal Osbourn speaking to no one, which didn't make any sense. Adding the 2nd films scenes more towards the middle of the film made for some continuity errors, like suddenly his hair is longer, or showing a scene with Harry after the death of his father but placing it before his death.

This edit does completely cuts out, Electro, Green Goblin, most of all of Rhino and only a mention of Felicia Hardy aka Black Cat. Also cutting out Peter not being Spider-Man anymore, the flash back scene of his father as if he was a ghost. Virtually all of the 2nd film cut only showing barely a few scenes mainly with Harry. I did like the beginning how he used both early scenes of the beginning of both films to make the parents leaving more complete, but that was probably the best parts of the film.

The fan edit isn't so bad but the longer runtime made it kind of boring at parts, for a while it just dragged making it seem like there was no story at all till over an hour into it.

Audio/video was great quality, using what looked like bluray quality. And also using the sound effect of the web thwip from the original trilogy placed in this wasn't bad hearing, also changing Peter's ringtone was funny.

But overall if you hated the original two films then this is probably for you, but since I didn't mind either of them I really didn't like this at all. It was a nice try, but not the best.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
No
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply May 02, 2015

I must admit I couldn't do too much with the hair on Andrew Garfield, mea culpa. But if you actually pay attention to how the scenes are shown, there is not continuity errors with Harry's Scenes. It goes like this:

1) Harry comes back after a long time.
2) Peter visits Harry. Norman hasn't died yet and Harry hasn't become OSCORP's Head yet.
3) Harry talks to Norman and he gives him his files. If you notice it, I cut all the parts that suggest Osborn was in his final hours. He is not dying yet, just incredibly sick. He gives him the files believing Harry will continue his legacy in the way Norman wanted.
4) Harry checks the files and asks Peter to see him because Norman has been watching him.
5) Harry watches the news.
6) After Norman DIES, Harry becomes the CEO of OSCORP and we can assume Harry will take the company to another direction.

I did the best possible to add his scenes in a coherent way. It is how these scenes are presented. So this way, there is no continuity errors.

V
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments