8.5 10 10
FanMix April 14, 2015 8547
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I was majorly disappointed in the theatrical versions and felt there was simply too much filler in trying to make this Spidey different from the previous films which I loved.

But in saying that, combining two mediocre films into one, whilst making it a better film on the whole, there really isn't any Spider-Man at all and he doesn't even show up until the second hour.

The characters have no personality and I found myself not caring at all about them. Peter stalking Gwen and having her picture on his computer is creepy!

Here's some issues I had;

Peter brings lizard back to the sewer after the battle at the school to chat? Then the Indian dude shows up and sprays Peter, lizard eats him? Then the next scene Peter is fine tracking the lizard who he's just had before he transformed? The dumbest thing was Peter had his name on his camera that gave away his identity? Seriously? Lol maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any motivation for conners attacking the city with gas either. What's he doing anyway?

I'm sorry to say, but I was very bored with this and was skipping to the end. I'm Glad that this series will not see any further sequels.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
No
Format Watched?
DVD
Owner's reply April 25, 2015

Let me explain myself about the sewers and Connors. The problem was that I tried my best to join the scene where Connors is asking for help, the scene in the sewers and the scene where Peter talks to Gwen by cellphone. In the beginning I had troubles because the scene in the sewers with Connors and the scene in the school were not meant to be joined, but I managed myself to join them in the most coherent way possible. What they wanted in the beginning was to put Peter tracking Connors on the sewers talking to Gwen and THEN he finds him in his lair and the scene happens. The scene where Connors is in the school asking for help was filmed but personally i'm not really sure what were they trying to achieve, because what happens after that scene would transform this into a continuity error. It's possible that they were going in another direction when they began filming this scene. Remember this film also had issues with the studio's vision and the director/screenwriter's vision.

So, in the way I edited it, I wanted to make it look like Peter helped Connors to get to his lab in the sewers, and after Dr. Ratha sprays the serum to Peter and Ratha gets killed by Connors, the Lizard escapes and Peter goes to follow him inserting the scene where he talks to Gwen by phone. The scene with Ratha spraying gas on Peter would explain why in the next scene, Peter is walking slowly: because the gas weakend him.

Connors wanted to spread gas into the city with the Ganali Device because he wanted to transform everyone into Lizard creatures. He explained it before and even in the scene where he is talking to Peter: He wanted to create a world where everyone is equal, evolutioned, better, faster, stronger, with no disseases. The scene is also important because it shows more character development into Connors. Connors wanted first to make a world better but then he became addicted to the Lizard's power, and the he even forgot his original motivation of helping people because of the abuse of power.

Anyways, still thanks for watching.

Y
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments