(Updated: September 10, 2012)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Review by Neglify — November 10, 2011 @ 4:33 am

Disclaimer: Nothing in this review is meant as an attack on the editor.

Audio/Video – 8/10

The picture looked a bit grainy at some points. Most visible during the pod race sequence.

Editing – 6/10

There are some very noticeable harsh cuts here and there. Not a whole lot, but some that can take out the viewer of it a little bit. I don’t feel like I need to list them out, but one example is the transition around the 50 minute mark feels way too fast.

The main problem with the editing is the little things that were kept in. A lot of Anakin’s yippees and oops and such are still intact. There was one yippee you tried to cut out but you can still hear it faintly.

On a positive note, during the finale, halfway through the Darth Maul fight I completely forgot that you cut out the Gungan battle. There were some nice cuts during that sequence.

Entertainment – 6/10

I feel this is a great concept for the prequel trilogy. Three hour long films. Easy to rewatch without a lot of the awfulness.

Unfortunately, there is still a lot of the little stuff left in. The pod race scene in particular could have been cut way more than it was.

It’s really hard to rate the entertainment level, due to the fact that the original movie is so terrible, but I feel that this edit has the potential to be really great. If the little things were cut down and the transitions were smoothed out, this could easily be an 8.

Overall 6/10. This wasn’t bad, but it could have been better.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments