legend_magnificent_7_front.jpg
FanFix February 23, 2017 5200
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I have wanted to enjoy this film since I saw the trailer for it in early 2017. Unfortunately, it didn't come together for me in the theater, but MusicEd's edit went a long way just by including the original theme tune. Nothing against the original composer or soundtrack, but the original film wasn't exactly fun. It was action-ful and whatever films these days are made to be, but it was bleak and gritty. It was missing a real spirit of heroism that the 1960's theme brings back in a magical way.

However, the film was still flawed starting in pre-production. MusicEd's edits are flawless and definitely improve the experience, but this is still a modern action movie wearing a cowboy hat and spurs. I personally believe that further reducing the screentime of Bogue and his men would help a lot; the film puts more time and effort into convincing you that these are wicked men than it really needs to.

But this is a review of MusicEd's edit, and it's a darn good one at that. I doubt I'll watch the original again, though I may trim MusicEd's just a tiny bit more.

Well done!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
T
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments