Hanging_Tree_front.jpg
FanFix April 06, 2016 12847
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

My wife and I watched this edit and thoroughly enjoyed it. The tagline for this edit, "The Epic Finale Hunger Games Fans Deserve", is 100% accurate. The Hunger Games took a page from Harry Potter and Twilight and split the final book into two movies because "there was just too much story to tell". What that obviously means is they wanted to milk the franchise. What Jerick does here is condense the story into a single 2 hour and 50 min. movie, making it a much more enjoyable and non-bloated finale. We didn't miss anything that was cut. Picture and audio quality are excellent, and I didn't spot any edits.

My only criticism of the film is I didn't care for the attack on the damn in the beginning. I wish it remained where it was and had the movie start as it did theatrically (minus the quote... that was a good call). Other then that I cannot recommend this edit enough.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply April 17, 2016

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! In regards to the attack on the damn sequence, the entire section where Katniss travels back to District 12 and then to the outskirts of the town where she begins to sing "The Hanging Tree" song was a real slog that was cut from my edit entirely. There wasn't really a way to insert the dam sequence without some sort of musical buildup. (I invented one from the existing score to begin the film) It's true that I could have inserted the singing scene after the visit to District 8 but it would have both been a very ugly edit and a radical shift to the tone of the film. The other option would have been to cut the dam attack from the film completely but I personally think it works as a more exciting start to the film.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
(Updated: April 17, 2016) April 17, 2016
Thanks for taking the time to write a review, I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! In regards to the attack on the dam sequence, the entire section where Katniss travels back to District 12 and then to the outskirts of the town where she begins to sing "The Hanging Tree" song was a real slog that was cut from my edit entirely. There wasn't really a way to insert the dam sequence without some sort of musical buildup. (I invented one from the existing score to begin the film) It's true that I could have inserted the singing scene after the visit to District 8 but it would have both been a very ugly edit and a radical shift to the tone of the film. The other option would have been to cut the dam attack from the film completely but I personally think it works as a more exciting start to the film.
J
jerick
1 results - showing 1 - 1