9.1 12 10
FanFix August 01, 2013 4026
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Foreword: I haven't seen the original in sometime, which prefer for watching edits and I also didn't review your changes ahead of watching, which I also prefer. I looked at the edit list back when I downloaded the edit, but I like to not know exactly what I'm walking into so I don't watch an edit for a few months or more after downloading them.

What I liked: The pacing was better and it felt more logical in many ways, and for that reason the narrative was greatly improved and streamlined. The cuts felt right, and they play of making some of the Dwarf story a dream for Bilbo was fun.

What I didn't: The movie was edited together amazingly, and I didn't mind that some of the scenes must have come from the DVD extras or something of the like (visually jarring), but the only editing section that really stood out for me was when the dwarfs were about to battle the trolls and cut, just felt a little too jumpy for me.

Overall: I'm not sure I'd see this version over the original but it has its ups.

Extra: Keep up the good work, and I think the formula you have might benefit if you tried to put all 3 parts in to one 3 hour movie.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments