FanFix August 07, 2015 6207
(Updated: November 20, 2015)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

At last I've seen this edit Masirimso17 =)) I tend to like the 2nd part of almost every trilogy, the Desolation of Smaug was one of those negative exceptions.
I liked your edit but I think Hobbit: Into the Fire is more accurate in some ways. I did like the fact that you removed Bilbo's being tempted by the ring, incorporating the Dol Guldur extended scenes and Thráin II was cool and replacing the Wilhelm scream too, you rearranged far better Smaug's exit from the mountain and your ending was superb (very close to the book and in preparation for the great battle to come). What I do hate the most is that damned final music "I see fire" by Ed Sheeran, it doesn't fit with the rest the musics of the Saga (Jackson's fault of course), if it could be changed or mixed with something else it would be great.
In conclusion I think a fusion of your edit with Hobbit: Into the Fire would be superb. Please don't get me wrong it is only my point of view of course. I look forward to see another revision of your edit if it comes to that =) Keep it up melon =)

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Blu-Ray
Owner's reply October 17, 2015

Thanks for the review, sistros. I actually quite like I See Fire, and it fits well with the film and the saga in my opinion. Though since I removed the forges fight, the line in the song "If this is to end in fire, then we shall all burn together" doesn't connect as well with the movie as in the official versions, but what are you gonna do? You could connect it with Smaug's attack to Laketown. I dunno.

I am planning on doing a second version after the Extended Edition comes out to add new scenes from Smaug's attack on Laketown, and fix some edits at the end, specifically adding new sound effects while everyone notices Smaug is coming from the mountain, which were absent in the first version.

I'm glad you enjoyed the edit ;)

Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
November 20, 2015
=)) yes keep them coming =)

Regarding the music of Ed Sheeran, i also don't know what could be done lol, it is a pity that PJ chose such thing, it really doesn't fit but what its done its done =) Big hug =)
S
sistros
1 results - showing 1 - 1