9.6 31 10
(Updated: December 12, 2013)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Audio was fine for me - I watched the BD, through headphones via my sound system.

I enjoyed this cut immensely - until the end. The warg tree fire fight thingy just felt totally unnecessary.
The film felt ended on "I will help you get your home back", cut to looking at the Lonely Mountain. Now I know you kept Azog because of continuity, but nothing really happens in this fight at all, and I would wager it could be safely cut.
I liked the cuts to the trolls, although it was maybe a little *too* short now.

I didn't notice the music changes AT ALL, so kudos there! The music is really good, and the sound FX work / foley that you did - WOW!

This is certainly to date the *best* version of AUJ by far, and is my go to version - but I'm still waiting for another edit to come along. Look forward to see what you cook up after viewing DoS and seeing what more can be cut in AUJ.
(Enjoyment is a solid 7, the original I would rate about a 5, maybe a 6. So the Enjoyment and Narrative ratings are more a reflection on the underlying film, rather than the edit itself. I just think more can be cut (which kerr himself said introducing this edit, so...!))

Applause for another amazing kerr edit.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Blu-Ray
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments