Review Detail

9.6 7 10
FanFix August 01, 2012 12529
(Updated: September 06, 2012)
Enjoyment

The Aluminum Falcon Sept 18 2011

This edit is epic, in every sense of the word. Clocking in at more than 9 hours, it is quite long, but a worthwhile experience. This is the entire legacy of the Godfather strewn together. While I love the original movies, this alternate take is absolutely fascinating. I enjoyed seeing all those added scenes, as they formed a fascinating new perspective.

With the deleted scenes, you get to see more into the soul of Michael Corleone and his fall from grace and failed attempt at regaining it. It is truly a shame that Godfather III pales in comparison to the other two but I suppose it is something that one can easily live with. An aspect I found curious was that the scene where Michael tells his family that he’s joining the army is in it’s original place. Being chronological, I would have expected it elsewhere, but I suppose it works better that way.

The title cards were a good idea, as they really make the thing seem operatic and epic, as it should be. The ending montage brought everything to a nice close and I’m glad you changed things up a bit for the V2 of this, as now it is perfect as far as I’m concerned.

Quality-wise, this is far better than the official chronological edition and I will enjoy it for years to come. The video on the most part is clear, better than the original Godfather DVD, and the audio sounds good too. Great work!

Video (excluding deleted scenes): 10/10
Audio: 10/10
Editing: 10/10
T
Top 500 Reviewer 11 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments