DKS Recut Part III - Poster.jpg
FanFix August 16, 2014 11704
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Great cut, always love watching njvc's work. Technically flawless, although I did notice Bane's voice was higher in the mix than everything else, I'd assume that was on purpose so we could understand him.

The first half of the original movie is pretty rough, for example I find that whole first scene in the plane unnecessary. njvc left in that scene but did a fine job at improving the rest. All of the changes involving Selina are great. But the second half of this edit really takes off. Pacing was perfect, and I could not take my eyes off the screen. Also of note, he did a great job making the cop fight at the end less ridiculous.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply September 04, 2014

Thanks deadohiosky, Neglify is correct, the volume of Bane's voice is unchanged from the original sound mix. After the backlash regarding Tom Hardy's muffled performance, they raised up the volume to crazy levels, but at least you can understand him now! Thanks for watching and reviewing, much appreciated.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
September 02, 2014
"although I did notice Bane's voice was higher in the mix than everything else"

I noticed it too, and I hadn't watched it since the theater, so I checked it against the blu-ray and the incredibly loud Bane voice is inherent in the disc. Nolan must have upped him a lot after fans talked smack about not hearing Bane in the theaters.
N
neglify
1 results - showing 1 - 1