FanFix August 16, 2014 7904
(Updated: August 24, 2014)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This edit is an almost perfect cut of Batman Begins. The video and audio quality is superb, and the editing is expertly performed. I thought the pacing was a lot more streamlined and never felt like it dragged.
The removal of the whole DA and Wayne Enterprises subplots really gets the narrative moving and is certainly not missed. Regarding the character of Carl, I thought that the scene between him and Rachel was rather unnecessary, as it may confuse first-time viewers as to who he is (especially since we never see him again). It's only a minor criticism, and it doesn't affect the overall film, but it's just a slight criticism :)
As far as the colour correction is concerned, I too always disliked the yellow/brown filter, so this fanedit is supreme in that it fits in perfectly with the colour scheme of the later films; brilliant idea!
I think the shortened version of the dialogue between Bruce and Rachel strangely works, so no complaint on my part.

Overall, amazing job! I look forward to watching the next two films :)

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply August 24, 2014

Thanks for the review ad_phoenix! Great to get some feedback on the colour correction, that was always a sticking point with BB for me. Cheers for watching :)

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments