Amazing Spider-Man 2: Sparkles Edition, The
In my last Fanedit, 'The Organic Eggs Edition', I tried to make it a little bit longer, adding some deleted scenes that helped to build better character development and fill some plot holes while modifying some parts of the movie in order to give it another direction. In this case, I did the opposite action. I Cut 17 minutes so the story could advance a little bit faster and restored 5 minutes of deleted scenes. One of them is not necessarily important, but helped to make a better transition in my Fanedit.
- I cut some Romantic parts a little bit in order to make them advance the plot. The last movie had some corny moments, but at least it felt cute. In this ocassion, I felt they were kind of dull. Also, Peter and Gwen will feel some things for each other, but keeping some distance.
- I cut everything about that ridiculous sub plot of the planes about to crash. Come on, you know it's stupid.
- I added some interesting and a little bit important deleted scenes. One of these scenes has been edited in order to give it the direction I wanted. Two of the scenes have CGI incompleted, but i actually felt that they were interesting.
- Harry knows everything about Peter being Spider-Man and the Special Projects room with the help of one of the deleted scenes and some cuts I did.
- I added flashbacks of Gwen, Uncle Ben and Dr. Connors in order to make some continuity with my last Fan Edit, which I recommend you to watch first.
- I changed the "Theme song" in the Credits with "The Edge" by Tonight Alive, so this song will sound first and then It's on again.
This is such an improvement on this movie! I love how Harry knows Peter is Spiderman at the beginning. And I love all the deleted scenes. Overall this is a great fan edit.
I have not seen the original version of this film. I watched Amazing Spider-Man (2012) at the request of my brother and thought "Eh, okay." After hearing all of the bad reviews and poor word of mouth, I lost any and all interest I may have had in viewing the sequel, instead choosing to wait for a fan-edit.
I'll try not to make this a review of the film itself since I haven't seen it before. Because my expectations were pretty low, I was glad at how much the edit didn't disappoint. For the most part, I was entertained and enjoyed Peter and Gwen's relationship. I felt like there was just enough of those two together in the film, and when I found out that some of their scenes had been cut I was impressed. I appreciated the inclusion of Harry knowing that Peter was Spider-Man from the start: I've seen the "hero-revealed" scene in other films way too much.
Also, there was a completely different opening to the original cut? I didn't even know, but seeing as it had to do with Richard Parker, I'm glad it was cut. The second half of the film was a bit too crammed, but I can see it's been cut down. To narrow the cut down a little more, I would have removed the Peter/Dad subplot (or maybe include it in an edit of the first film?). I almost wish it was possible to remove one of the two villains, both of their motivations (Electro's in particular) were lost in the jumble of the third act (using the "their power drove them mad" is a crap excuse).
Overall, good edit!
SamSpider does it again, Continuing on from his absolutely Incredible Amazing Spider-Man Organic Eggs Edition, he turns his tools to The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in order to fix the multiple problems and improve the overall Quality of the Movie. I really enjoyed his Edit of The Amazing Spider-Man 2. As it fixes much of the Problems from the Original while adding new sequences and additions by Including Deleted Scenes. But still the Original is a very Flawed movie. My only complaint is that some of the Deleted Scenes have unfinished effects which can be Jarring and take away from the immersion *which is a fault on Sony's Side not on the editors*. All in all this Edit is Freaking Amazing and I heartily recommend it to anyone looking for an Alternative to the Original.