Review Detail

9.3 94 10
FanFix August 15, 2012 21871
(Updated: September 06, 2012)
Enjoyment

September 17, 2009 @ 5:19 am

Just got done watching this edit and I have to say, this movie was improved a hundred-fold. All of the cuts worked breilliantly, making the T-850 much more machine-like in its behavior and making the activation of Skynet much more plausible. It now holds true to what we’ve learned about Skynet’s activation previously and some continuity has been restored. If I hadn’t seen the film previously, the scene of Scott killing the police officer would have been a much greater surprise, and it’s certainly more appreciated than the original version. Scott’s talking to the cops when answering the door was horrible. Now know nothing about it and suddenly WHAM. Excellent.

However, my favorite part of this edit was the ending. By removing the V/O and using that music, you made it a much more powerful and emotional ending. The camera pulls back from John and Kate with the strains of the music playing, and we see Skynet launching its attack upon the world. We hear nothing but the music and the faint sounds of destruction. It builds until the final fade out. It’s always struck me as an emotional scene, and your edit has made it so. It’s sad. It’s gut-wrenching. It silences you. And it’s a perfect ending.

I applaud you for your work here. This film is now worthy of the TERMINATOR name, and I will watch it as part of the series with joy.
T
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments