TTT ART EP 07
FanMix August 31, 2023 1833
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

English isn't my first language so I find it difficult to articulate well enough to write a review of a fanedit. This required much effort.

I've been following ArtisDead for quite a while now. I was quite impressed with his collaboration with Futon88 on Mathilda but felt that edit was mostly Futon88 with Art mainly choosing the music.

The Curious Case of Lieutenant Raine really shows us Art's unique style and ability.

The almost two and a half hour movie was already near perfect and didn't really need an edit. If you had never seen it you could easily believe that this is the real movie. The cuts are made with remarkable precision. The story doesn't suffer from any of the elements that were removed. I did miss several like the beginning which set the story in motion. Art covers that with a black and white flashback but it's still a bit brief. Zoller's infatuation for Emmanuel is completely removed which helps the story move along at a quicker pace. All of the editing here was very near perfect.

The true beauty of this edit and something that Art has become known for is the placement of new songs. All of the David Bowie songs work with varying degrees of success (nice dedication). Some work much better than others such as Cat People, Fame, Rebel Rebel and Changes. I really like how Rebel Rebel was used in the Tavern. The needle lift was perfectly timed. I also thought that the use of The Man Who Sold The World pointing to Hans Landa's "conditional surrender" was very creative. Changes at the end was an almost hilarious way to end after the theatre massacre.

The use of Psycho Killer to introduce The Bear Jew was perfectly timed and one of the best placements of music that I have seen in any movie.

The true genius of this edit is definitely the theatre massacre. As another reviewer pointed out, the use of the Pink Floyd song, Pigs was genius. A masterstroke in editing. It is placed perfectly and couldn't have been timed better. Starting the vocals at the flick of the cigarette was perfect. The look on on Goebbels' and Hitler's faces defy description after hearing them referred to in the song as "big man, pig man". It was worthy of several repeat plays alone.

This was an excellent experience and I hope the other episodes are as good or better than this one as Art claims. I certainly hope to see more masterpieces like this from Art. Thank you.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
L
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments