FanMix August 31, 2023 578
(Updated: September 20, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Tarantino's "Jackie Brown" is for me his second-weakest film, with the weakest in my mind being OUATIH. Now to be fair that's because his other movies are so so damn good that even his middling-successes are still among my favorite movies. The problem with Jackie Brown is that it feels overly full in the same way OUATIH does. Too much talk, not enough movement, slightly bad actor choices. Obviously I'm not talking about Pam Grier and Robert Forster (RIP), they're absolute dynamite.

Somehow this edit manages to take out 100% of the Tarantino-fluff and leave a really nice tight story. There are a few moments that feel very slightly rushed but I think that's because in the original they're Tarantino'd to the fullest.

This edit is tight, the music changes are amazing (I loved that Max was seeing Pulp Fiction in your edit haha), and MOST OF ALL...

I loved your ending! Man!! Instead of leaving "Jackie Brown" with this semi-heartbroken-but-I-get-it kind of feeling, I was ear-to-ear smiling! What a fantastic cut, and watching it has actually made me appreciate the original more.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
September 20, 2023
Thank you. That cut at the very end was INIGHTMARES' idea. My original plan was to cut on the out-of-focus shot in the hallway, but cutting just before they kiss is better. :) I appreciate you taking time to watch and review.
F
futon88
1 results - showing 1 - 1