supermanepic_front
FanMix May 07, 2021 5332
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Ever since I was a little girl, I've loved these movies. Such wonderment and curiosity came along with the first time I watched, and every time I think of Superman I think of Christopher Reeve. Well, this edit might be the first time in a long time I've felt the story in a new and exciting way since I first saw them as a child. Wraith's editing here is revelatory, uncovering a long-hidden gem from the existing material (with new material to supplement that, masterfully integrated.)

Never have four hours gone by quicker, and every change is practically invisible. Editing decisions were made so precisely, that even when I did think about something from the original version it was hard to recall what precisely had been changed. There is a certain feeling of two halves that is inevitable with the material, but the divide between the two films seems less like stitching two together and more like an act break in an epic tale - precisely as we can only assume Donner intended.

For any fans of Superman, this is essential viewing. For me, this is the definitive version of Donner's Superman, for others it will be more academic, but everyone should set some time aside to watch this edit.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments