FanFix June 05, 2021 2846
(Updated: December 08, 2021)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

As a DC completist, the original Brainiac Attacks DVD has been staring at me from my shelves for nearly 15 years now, and I've never been able to finish it, I'm ashamed to say. My love of Superman: The Animated Series is such that seeing the mischaracterized cast (particularly Luthor) in this DTV outing was too painful to slog through. Thanks to Zarius, I've managed to make it through a mercifully truncated version, though, for which I'm grateful.

The obvious absence of voice director Andrea Romano means that, although Tim Daly has returned as Clark/Superman, it might as well be a different actor with how hard he's phoning it in, not to mention Clancy Brown sounding particularly like he's off-balance in his remaining scenes as Luthor. Though I *will* admit that Luthor celebrating Superman's supposed demise with a goddamn luau is so wrong it's kind of right.

In all, Zarius' editing of the flawed material he had to work with is top-notch, and succeeds as the bridging material between S:TAS and Justice League that we never got, and a romantic-but-not-sentimental resolution to the Lois and Clark romance.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
R
Top 10 Reviewer 156 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments