superman_resurrection_front
FanMix November 04, 2022 2274
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

First, this version looks and sounds fantastic.

I'm a big fan of Superman Redeemed, so I was eager to see this version and spot any improvements.

While this is a reasonably good version, some of the biggest gripes from Superman Redeemed are NOT addressed, but are instead exacerbated. That is the narrative switch from Ricky to Jeremy and back to Ricky. A solution was proposed in the forum section under Superman Redeemed: https://forums.fanedit.org/threads/superman-redeemed-a-hybrid-of-iii-and-iv-by-adigitalman.151/page-7

The problem remains that Jeremy is superfluous and badly-acted, while Ricky is a worthwhile narrative element.

Also, the lack of transition shots toward the end results in Lois and Clark in the Daily Planet followed by Lois and Superman in the streets and no explanation of how they suddenly switched locations.

While I felt Redeemed trimmed a bit too much, this version retains too much. Both Jeremy and Lenny are narrative detractors from Superman IV and the less seen of these two, the better.

I definitely recommend seeing this version, but I would love to see some fine-tuning/trimming in the future.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments