Review Detail

8.7 43 10
FanFix August 14, 2012 9679
(Updated: September 11, 2012)
Enjoyment

Review by havok1977 — January 2, 2008 @ 6:01 pm

While Superman is nowhere near my favorite comic book characters, i do enjoy to a degree his big screen outings; same as other people around here i hadn’t seen the third movie since it first came out… and i think i never even saw the fourth one, knowing it was no good.

I have to commend ADM on a great work getting those two bad movies into one cohesive and sensefull story, IMHO in the big screen Lana and Clark work so much better than Lois and Clark; and while Nukeboy is not a great villain, he seemed like a proper magnitude threat to Superman. No Gus or any other comic relief character is certainly mostly welcome. Lex’s escape and schemes do make more sense and feel in place.

I have a few feedback comments:

I completely agree with beckmen’s comments regarding the almost instant transformation into “I don’t care” Superman after nukeboy scratches his neck, i think a couple minutes of getting sick would have helped.

There are two repeated scenes of the camera spanning up Metropolis buildings, i guess there wasn’t enough material to do a lot of variations, its a minor thing tough.

Way i see it, leaping from a a Hydrogen bomb threat to dismantle all Nuclear weapons is a bit of a stretch; but it is an effective way to stitch the story together. And the cynic in me found it hard to buy that every country would play with Supes’ plan to get rid of all nuclear weapons, but i guess this is that kind of show…
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments