Review Detail

8.9 6 10
FanFix August 14, 2012 2208
(Updated: September 11, 2012)
Enjoyment

Review by white43 — March 18, 2008 @ 9:58 pm

Father Merrin – what can I say? I absolutely LOVE this cut!

I will admit that I always enjoyed Superman 3 – I love Richard Pryor, but you’ve done what was necessary. You’ve turned a film about Richard Pryor, with Superman in it – to a Superman film, with Richard Pryor supporting in it.

Removing all the silly comedic moments reduces Pryor and Pamela Stevenson to proper support characters. The film is about Clark Kent – it’s about him returning to his life in Smallville and it works! Really clever editing and restructuring really make this film worthwhile. The elements you have lifted from I and IV at Smallville make this all worthwhile. Lana even becomes more significant….she now feels like Clarks proper soul mate.

There are a few scenes that are a little short and the only one I have a gripe with, would be Supermans destruction of the fortress of ice. It’s too short, it feels a little out of place and until Supermans apparent ‘rebuild’ at the end it makes no sense.

Gus Gorman now feels like a bungling computer programmer, less comedic, more a victim of circumstance, much better.

An altogether darker approach and a worthwhile sequel…nice work. Well done!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
April 12, 2016
How did you actually watch this movie? Sorry, I'm new here and just really confused. I'm guessing it's been taken down, or? Well, I appreciate any input you might have, thanks!
G
gressman07
1 results - showing 1 - 1