Review Detail

8.7 3 10
FanFix July 06, 2012 2535
(Updated: September 11, 2012)
Enjoyment

Review by tylerdurden389 — July 24, 2008 @ 6:43 am

Just finished watching. Let me just say ahead of time that I have seen a few fan edits of S2 in their entirety, as well as many clips of edited scenes on youtube. There were quite a few things I liked about this fan cut. Showing the moon sequence right after the villains escape is good just for continuity’s sake. Zod’s “Insurrection” was a nice way to use some of the opening Lester footage. The way you played out the scenes during the villains in Idaho, while Supes and Lois are at the fortress, along with the president watching was great. I loved how you used the Reeve close-ups during the de-powering and ESPECIALLY reversing the shot so that Lester footage fits in with the Donner footage. Bonus for having Lois stare at Jor-el and his head fading out. Much better job of Jor-el fading away during the re-powering, along with taking out the “jerky” close-ups. Again, great job of reversing Donner footage so that it fits with the Lester scene/Donner footage when Supes arrives at the Planet (the Donner cut shot of him flying away). I also like the little things like using the Donner footage of Non taking the shot in the face from Perry, showing Supes flying down during the battle sequence (to hide the obvious backwards S on his shirt), and using the Lester sound with the Donner footage when Non falls in the FOS. Lastly, the timing of the music when Clark gives Lois the memory erase kiss at the end was cued PERFECTLY.

Next, the things I wasn’t so crazy about. The deepening of Reeve’s and Stamp’s voices, a little too deep I think. The cutting of the opening DP scene and still using the Niagra jump. It’s kinda hard to believe that Lois would put something like that on hold. Some of the Donner shots that were better in the LC (Luthor you poisonous snake!, Too true to be good, etc..) And believe it or not my biggest shock was cutting out ‘Blast off!!”. I love that line.

Overall though, your fan cut is one of the best. A lot of the clips I’ve seen online you’ve put your own spin on (like cutting the Eiffel Tower scene, using Lester footage of Lois during the Donner re-powering, etc..). I give it a 4 1/2 out of 5. Thank you for putting in the time and effort towards making one of the best fan cuts of S2.
T
Top 500 Reviewer 13 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments