A great concept and it works sensationally better as a tv short. The cameos are well inserted (especially the Lethal Weapon portion) and the ad break was inspired and perfectly in-keeping with the tone of the subject matter. Infinitely better than Robocop: The Actual Series.
Very fun edit (nice considering my main issue with Robocop 2 is general lack of fun). Loved the intro especially and all of the cameos. The announcer maybe could have been better, though. There were also a few rough audio things here and there but nothing too bad. Narrative was a little wonky but I guess that's what happens when you condense like this. Overall, though, I really enjoyed this and would definitely watch some more Supercop adventures.
- Interesting touch with having Anchorman News Intro on the TV (works good with “turn that shit off”)
- I noticed you also mixed in some scenes from other movies
- Cool opening credits sequence (although the voice over was amateurish but I guess cheesiness works with this edit!) and I can't fault leeroy, not everyone is ThrowgnCpr and hires a professional voice over actor!
- lol at the last actor credited (I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen the edit)
- at times it seemed like the audio transitions could have been smoothed out a bit
- lol at the coca-cola commercial, clever
- Overall this was a fun edit
This was fun, although I'm not really the target audience for these kind of 80s TV throwback projects. It was almost like a Robocop TV show filtered through the sensibilities of the A-team or something.
The good: I thought most of the inserts from other sources were handled really well - in fact the only one that fell flat for me was the Coke ad. And the retro TV look was great, in a cringing sort of way.
The not-so-good: The narrative was a bit scattered - I guess due to limitations of the available material. The audio editing was quite rough in a few places, and didn't always fit the tone of what was happening on screen. (Though this may well be deliberate, in which case it's fair enough).
All in all, not necessarily my thing - but still worth watching as it has some good ideas pulled off with flair.
Fun! I'm not much of a fan of Robocop 2. To my surprise, I wound up enjoying it as
a condensed TV episode, much more than as a feature film. The use of multiple
sources, music, and sound effects really do a great job of capturing the feeling the
editor was going for. I would have liked to have heard the Animated Series’
narration in place of the custom one recorded for this edit, and maybe some bits and
pieces from the infamous edited for TV versions of the first film. Regardless, this
is an amusing and entertaining edit. I'd like to see more episodes in the future!
And indeed, that's what this edit's about. I think. Though technology changes, and
society changes along with it, some patterns will always be there. The pursuit of
law-breaking dangers to society, to serve, protect, and uphold - that won't change.
There will just probably be a lot more cyborgs.