steelofman_front
FanFix October 11, 2022 2453
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I saw Man of Steel for the first and only time about a year-and-a-half-ago, but while I cannot remember the story in great detail I can recall a sense of apathy towards it. This edit on the other hand made me feel for the characters, the more-lively image helps one better engage and the altered structure reduces (in my mind) distracting comparisons to the Donner/Reeve classics. It did occasionally feel like parts were missing, the engagement with the villains starting rather early, but cannot be sure if this was a result of aspects inherent to the original or I waiting for something that occurred in the excised 40-odd minutes.

Technically good on the whole, but the boosted saturation occasionally led to colours blooming, e.g. at one point Superman has visibly blue hair. The added time/location cards also felt, for want of a better word, a touch "informal" but this is a minor complaint.

A great start to my venture among DCEU edits, while I don't think Man of Steel can ever be timeless in the sense of Superman: The Movie, tremault has made it watchable!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
P
Top 50 Reviewer 83 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments