skywalkerawakens_front
FanFix April 07, 2022 3605
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I come at these 3 movies in a slightly split manner. I enjoyed all 3 more on first viewing more than the subsequent fermentation latterly allowed as the issues with each grew in my mind and the lack of a clear objective binding the three became clear...(then again, I'm not certain LUCAS imagined using the death Twice himself either).

I especially loved the chaos that The Last Jedi drew into the journey, so having that unwound and then the retrofit of SKYWALKER, never sat well. So how does this two part epic fair?

bbghost has managed to eliminate many (but not all) of the conundrms, dead ends and spurious elements into what is unquestionably a far more enjoyable re-telling of the final trilogy....technically there is little to fault here (and as noted no deductions for Stereo only).

There are some very well executed and ambitious elements to this work, and putting aside any personal taste issues as a previewer, I found myself checking the originals over and over to remind myself of what had been altered or eliminated.

Inevitably, there remains a episodic feel to the overall narrative, and in fact it may ot really be possible to tie these together without putting it all in a blender....however, I certainly will not be watching the theatricals again, and this will be my go to version (for now).

Visual quality and editing is superb throughout, and despite a few tell-tale hints at edits in places (not enough to distract or mark down) none of i got in the way of enjoyment (scored a 9 whereas theatrical would have been an 8....or 7.5 for ep 9). I can't in all fairness knock down narrative since bbghost is actually improving that mess...hence 9 rather than 8 for theatricals.

Definite improvement and Highly recommended indeed.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments