Review Detail

7.0 8 10
FanMix June 20, 2012 3823
(Updated: September 09, 2012)
Enjoyment

Review by ThrowgnCpr — August 15, 2007 @ 9:19 pm

I thought that this was a valiant effort with a few drawbacks. There were some very unique transitions here, and things were repositioned to retell the story in a new interesting way. I thought that this was a great effort at trying to tell the story in one clip. I would definitely recommend this edit to star wars fans, especially those that would like to enjoy the prequels in one shot.

There were problems with this edit though (as in all films and edits). First, I feel that Episode 1 was cut way too much. I feel like there were important pieces that were completely ignored. Additionally the fight scene with Maul was almost ruined for me. This piece is very climactic in the original movie, and is one of my favorite Star Wars moments. That said it was repositioned in a way that was very unsatisfying.

On a good note, I felt that the transition between episodes 2 and 3 were spectacular. i loved how this flowed together.

For image quality, I was rather disappointed. This was supposed to be a “higher-res version” that “is pretty stunning” and “looks and sounds amazing”. This is far from the case. The DL disc movie was very grainy and showed much pixelation. I was disappointed with this after all of the hype.

To sum things up, I thought that this was a good edit. It has its flaws, but is definitely worth a watch.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments