9.5 9 10
(Updated: December 22, 2021)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Rogue One is the only Star Wars movie outside of the original films that I felt did the OT any credit. It had the look and feel of the classic Star Wars and I didn't think it could possibly be improved upon. Then along comes DigModiFicaTion and proves me wrong! All of the changes are welcomed, no matter how small or big: whether removing planet title cards, or replacing Tarkin's/Leia's face with the deepfake ones. But, of course, the biggest change of all in this edit is having the Rogue One crew survive their mission. This was a bold undertaking and I couldn't wait to see how he'd do it... But boy, did he. Really clever editing has achieved a happier ending through what was, in my eyes, seamless editing. And a massive improvement on the original film. It never sat well with me, the original 'Dirty Dozen' ending - now Jyn and friends live to see another day. It's a shame K2SO couldn't also be saved, as he was easily the best character in the whole film. But his sacrifice remains a touching and noble one. I take my hat off to you, sir! You have done great things here and this is my new go to version of this film :)

** On a side note, there is only one change that I would have made to this edit, and that is to reinstate Chirrut's line of "Are you kidding me? I'm blind!" which I thought was a great line and did not detract from the movie or his character in any way.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
P
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments