9.5 21 10
FanFix May 07, 2017 23172
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I really really like this edit. I think it is narratively superior to the theatrical cut. The suspense of who Kylo Ren is held until the proper moment instead of revealing it before any of the other main characters have even met Kylo. This creates for more suspense in the climactic moments of the film because the viewer is still guessing.

The only issue I have are kinda nitpicky, DigModiFication removed some of the humor bits I did rather like(han shooting the bowcaster) and the redone audio for masked Kylo Ren, while sounding great in general, sounds out of place when it directly follows one of Kylo's lines that was filmed masked.

Other than that, I think this is a really strong edit with some great and well executed ideas.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
D
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
January 14, 2018
Thanks for the great review delpheas! Your comments on the Kylo dialogue are much appreciated. My hope is to revisit this scene in the future to update/improve the audio manipulation and add footage shot of a willing and able person with a film accurate Kylo Ren costume to superimpose over Adam Driver. Thanks again for the constructive feedback! :)
D
digmodification
1 results - showing 1 - 1