FanFix September 09, 2018 28577
(Updated: October 04, 2020)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I approached this edit with the mindset that one can only do so much when polishing a turd. I didn't think it was possible for an edit to make this movie not only entertaining, but also rewatchable. And yet, here I am. Dumbfounded, awe-struck, and genuinely hyped for the Anti-Cringe-Cut for the next movie, which I'm about to watch. The last time I felt this way about a Star Wars fanedit was the first time I saw the Anti-Cheese edits for the Prequels, and I thought that was only possible because Lucas had legitimately good ideas in those films that just needed tweaking. Here is a movie made for the sole purpose of spitting in fans' faces, transformed into a slightly (endearingly) awkward flick that only wants to be its own thing. Yes, Luke is still a sad, pathetic hermit, but at least there's better reasoning behind this change in character. Yes, Rose Tico is still in this movie, but at least her inclusion no longer hinders the plot. Heck, even Holdo's subplot, of all things, gets a much-needed touch-up. I'm a little on the fence about the Death Star cannon on Crait, but let's be honest; polished turds still have bits of crap here and there, and DonKamillo really did the best he (she?) could've done, given what he (she?) had to work with. As an added bonus, whether intentional or not, this fanedit fits practically seamlessly with DigModiFicaTion's Heir to the Force fanedit, so you can have your cake, and eat it too! Definitely worth checking out.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
M
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments