tljanticringe-front-5
FanFix September 09, 2018 28575
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

What can I say? I utterly hated the regular film. I hated the pointlessness of the plot. I hated all of the side plot nonsense with almost every character. I despised the way the fanbase that kept this franchise alive for all of the years that we had no films were treated when we spoke up about our dislike for the film. But the assassination of Luke Skywalker's character was the ultimate sin IMO.

Then I watched this edit.

I didn't know this movie had anything redeemable. However after viewing this cut of the film, I can honestly say it felt like a genuine Star Wars film! Although I doubt I could ever love "The Amazing Wonder Rey", I think this film made everything seem much more plausible. No more man shaming and idiotic male characterizations. You instead get strong characters across the board. Useless side plots are gone, the idiotic humor is gone and the tone is much more dire akin to ESB! We get a Luke Skywalker that feels much more realistic. (Disney's worst mistake was not starting this trilogy during the New Jedi Academy years and showing us Luke, Han and Leia together on screen during a peaceful time.) However despite Disney's shortsightedness, this edit leaves Luke alive and feeling more like a character that had his fall and can now rise again and be the light he was always meant to be! I love this edit and I am so grateful it exists! Thank you DonKamillo, and bravo sir! Bravo

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
L
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments